Carma Mohler Grant
Carma Mohler established this fund because she had a passion for feeding the hungry and wanted to alleviate the problem of hunger. The Iowa United Methodist Foundation seeks applications from United Methodist affiliated groups or nonprofit organizations based in Iowa that are addressing hunger through systemic interventions or programs providing immediate relief from hunger. The Carma Mohler Grant is open annually from July 1 to October 1. If you plan to apply, you need to meet all of the criteria (attached above) and have all required materials sent to the Foundation office by October 1.
The 2019 Carma Mohler Grant Recipients are…
- ASPIRE “More” Food Pantry Expansion Project – Afton UMC
- Brooklyn Community Food Bank – Brooklyn, Grace UMC
- Food Pantry Shed – Marion, Christ Community UMC
- Neighborhood Hunger Stops – Nevada, First UMC
- Richland Area Food Pantry – Richland UMC
- S.P.U.M Garden – Sheridan Park UMC
Congratulations to these organizations! Learn more about what S.P.U.M. Garden and Brooklyn Community Food Bank have accomplished since receiving the grant. We are so grateful for groups like these who continue to do amazing things for others.