Carma Mohler Grant
Carma Mohler established this fund because she had a passion for feeding the hungry and wanted to alleviate the problem of hunger. The Iowa United Methodist Foundation seeks applications from United Methodist affiliated groups or nonprofit organizations based in Iowa that are addressing hunger through systemic interventions or programs providing immediate relief from hunger. The Carma Mohler Grant is open annually from July 1 to October 1. If you plan to apply, you need to meet all of the criteria (attached above) and have all required materials sent to the Foundation office by October 1.
The 2020 Carma Mohler Grant winners are…
- Hand of Luke – New Hope UMC, Des Moines
- Greene County Christian Action Resource Center
- Food at First – Nevada First UMC
- SPUM Garden – Sheridan Park UMC, Des Moines
- Fredericksburg Food Bank – Fredericksburg UMC
- Meat & More – Musserville UMC
- Grace’s Table – Correctionville Grace UMC
- Lake Mills Area Food Shelf – Lake Mills Ministerial Association
- Orient Mobile Food Pantry – Orient UMC
- Fairfield Food Bank – Fairfield First UMC
Congratulations to these organizations! We are so grateful for groups like these who do amazing things for others.
We also love hearing from previous winners! Check out what 2019 recipients SPUM Garden and Brooklyn Food Bank have done with their grants.