Carma Mohler Grant | Iowa United Methodist Foundation
Carma Mohler established this fund because she had a passion for feeding the hungry and wanted to alleviate the problem of hunger. The Iowa United Methodist Foundation seeks applications from United Methodist affiliated groups or nonprofit organizations based in Iowa that are addressing hunger through systemic interventions or programs providing immediate relief from hunger. The Carma Mohler Grant is open annually from July 1 to October 1. If you plan to apply, you need to meet all of the criteria (attached above) and have all required materials sent to the Foundation office by October 1.
Due to the high number of deserving applicants in recent years, the Foundation’s Board of Directors voted to donate additional funds to hunger relief ministries in 2023. Awardees include Carma Mohler Grant winners as well as IUMF Food Grant winners.
The 2023 Carma Mohler Grant and IUMF Food Grant winners are…
- Greene County Christian Action Center – Jefferson FUMC
- Denison Area Emergency Food Pantry – Denison FUMC
- Food for the Soul – St. Luke’s UMC – Dubuque
- Food Nook – Waterloo FUMC
- Grace Garden – Grace Fellowship – Ottumwa
- Growing Together Garden – North Liberty UMC
- Hispanic Community Café – Diversity Service Center of Iowa & Musserville UMC – Muscatine
- Meals Made Easy – Bloomfield UMC
- Rebecca Circle – Holstein UMC
- Smile Sack Mission Project – Ruthven UMC
- The Egg Project – Lamoni Food Pantry & Lamoni UMC
- Wednesday Kids Club – Fredericksburg UMC
- Free Community Meal – Grace UMC – Des Moines
See how these groups plan to use their grant funds here!
Congratulations to these organizations! We are so grateful for groups like these who do amazing things for others and make their communities a better place to live. If one of the winners is in your community, we encourage you to reach out and volunteer with them!