The Iowa United Methodist Foundation offers thousands of dollars in scholarships every year to students who demonstrate academic and community excellence. We offer:
- High School Senior Scholarships for graduating high school seniors
- Non-Methodist College Scholarships to all students of the church
- United Methodist College Scholarships for students who will be attending United Methodist colleges
- United Methodist Seminary Scholarships to students following the call to join the ministry
- Westmar College Scholarships for students who will attend or are attending United Methodist colleges in Iowa
There are also other scholarship opportunities available through the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry and United Methodist Higher Education Foundation that the Iowa United Methodist Foundation participates in.
Scholarship applications are open December 1 – March 1 annually. All applications and required documents, such as essays, references, and transcripts can be submitted through the online portal. Once you click on the application link, you will be brought to a third-party website hosted by International Scholarship & Tuition Services (ISTS). If you have issues with the application process, please send all questions and inquiries to the ISTS support team at https://istsprogramsupport.com/ or 855-670-4787.
Setting up a Scholarship
These scholarships are available to students because of generous people like YOU! Want to set up your own scholarship, either through a tax-savvy gift now, or in your will? Check out our free and anonymous gift-planning tool at https://iumf.giftlegacy.com/ or contact us at email@example.com or 515-974-8928 for more information and further steps.
Chris Childs (below) is the pastor at Grace United Methodist Church in Marcus, Iowa. When going through seminary school, Childs received several scholarships through the Foundation and he is now using that education to do amazing work in the community. Watch the video below to hear Childs express his thanks to donors who have helped him out immensely and read more about his story here.